Hey everybody, I hope you all had a great weekend!
Let’s start off with some good news today! For all of you golf fans out there, Rory Mcllroy won the PGA championship. It wasn’t easy, but he did it. Here are the key things you need to know about Rory’s win…provided by DailyMail
- McIlroy started poorly in final round but recovered to hit 68
- Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler and Henrik Stenson were main challengers
- Rain-affected final round only heightened tension at Valhalla
- World No 1 has now won three tournaments in a row including two majors
- Northern Irishman now has four majors, all by the age of 25
- McIlroy had to show sharp reflexes to catch trophy lid during presentation
- Wins prize purse of over £1m following success in Kentucky
- McIlroy: ‘Never in my wildest dream did I imagine I’d have a summer like this’
We found out this weekend that the NBA can veto the Kevin Love and Andrew Wiggins trade. It is not August 23rd yet and at the end of the day, the NBA has the last say….so the trade is not written in stone yet.
Dewayne Johnson AKA the Rock’s mother and cousin were in a head on car collision with a drunk driver this weekend.Thank goodness they survived. The Rock said that he is feeling blessed.
Danity Kane has announced that they are broken-up after an altercation in the studio. There was a fight between Aubrey and Dawn and now the group is splitting up. To read about the fight Click Here
Over the weekend, an unarmed 18 year old African American boy named Michael Brown was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, a suburban area in Missouri. According to reports, Michael was walking in the neighborhood with a friend when he was stopped and confronted by police. There are two different stories going around….the one from “witnesses” is that Michael had is hands up and was cooperating with the officers. The story from the officers is completely different. They said that Michael physically assaulted the officer by pushing the officer into the police car. So the officer shot him..a couple of times and now the city is outraged. They started a peace rally Sunday morning, but by the evening, the city turned upside down! People started to loot stores, throw bottles and rocks at the police, kick the police cars…it got pretty serious. Click the link below to read more about the story:
Have you guys seen the show Power yet? Oh my gosh, I just started to watch it yesterday and I love it! For those of you that haven’t seen it, it is a new series that comes on Starz and it has a gangsta type story line, but you know when there are drugs and violence involved, there is always some drama. If you’ve seen the show, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT?? Comment and let us know!